When you only book your annual holiday once a year you can be forgiven for finding it all a little bit of a minefield! There are so many companies out there that offer you a plethora of services for your annual trip away that it can all get a little bit confusing.
Take booking your airport parking for example doing a simple search online will bring back an astonishing amount of results so it can be hard to know which companies you can trust and which are the ones who will be able to give you the best value for money .
This is where Holiday Extras come in, they are a travel service website that can help guide you through the maze of confusing holiday websites and third party companies to help you find the best deal for you with a reputable firm that you can trust.
But their help does not stop there… for the last three years they have been running The Holiday Extras Customer Awards which have given their customers a platform from which they were able to choose who the best performing companies were in the travel industry on an annual basis.
Here is a list if the winners from 2011:
- Best Airline: Emirates
- Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
- Best Airline for Value for Money : easyJet
- Best Airport: Belfast International
- Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
- Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
- Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
- Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
- Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
- Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
- Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
This year’s ceremony was hosted by none other than the well-known travel writer and radio presenter Simon Calder. With such a prominent celebrity from the travel industry lending his name to the awards it adds further weight to the great way in which they are being received by both the public and also the travel industry insiders.
The awards this year were held in London on September 15th and were a glamorous affair that were attended by many of the top people from the UK travel industry.
Watch this space for next year’s awards as more and more people are expected to be voting (great prizes are on offer in a draw for those who choose to vote) and there are going to be more categories too.
If you can’t wait for next year’s awards then you can also visit the Holiday Extras website and let them help you with the choice of the companies that you are going to be using when you book your next holiday.